zdask
Home
/
Arts & Entertainment
/
Scott Mills’ ‘Celebrity Great British Bake Off’ Episode Scrapped After His BBC Sacking
Scott Mills’ ‘Celebrity Great British Bake Off’ Episode Scrapped After His BBC Sacking-May 2024
May 21, 2026 11:22 PM

Scott Mills Celebrity Great British Bake Off episode has been scrapped in the wake of his shock sacking from the BBC.

Channel 4 told The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday that an installment featuring the ex-radio host and also reportedly featuring singer Rag n Bone Man, JLS band member Aston Merrygold, broadcaster Edith Bowman, and comedian Jon Richardson, will no longer air as planned on April 18.

Having carefully considered the circumstances, weve taken the decision not to air the final episode of the 2026 series of The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up to Cancer, featuring Scott Mills, a spokesperson said. Acknowledging the seriousness of the accusations that have been made against Scott, we dont believe it would be appropriate to air the episode at this time. The representative added that an alternative episode of Celebrity GBBO will air in its place.

The British press was sent into a frenzy last week when Mills was fired from his role as host of the most beloved breakfast show in the country on Radio 2. The BBC initially said he was let go over personal conduct, but it soon transpired that the now-53-year-old was questioned by police over historical allegations dating from 1997 to 2000, when Mills was in his 20s of serious sexual offences against a boy who was under the age of 16 at the time.

The police opened the investigation into these claims in 2016, and the BBC was made aware in 2017. Mills was probed about the allegations in 2018, but the case was dropped a year later. No charges were brought after prosecutors deemed there was insufficient evidence to proceed.

After the corporation said the star was sacked when new information came to light, BBC News confirmed this pertained to the fact that the alleged victim was under 16.

Mills eventually said: The recent announcement that I am no longer contracted to theBBChas led to the publication of rumor and speculation. In response to this, theMetropolitan Policehas made a statement, which I confirm relates to me.

An allegation was made against me in 2016 of a historic sexual offence, he continued, which was the subject of a police investigation in which I fully cooperated and responded to in 2018. As the police have stated, a file of evidence was submitted to theCrown Prosecution Service, which determined that the evidential threshold had not been met to bring charges Since the investigation related to an allegation that dates back nearly 30 years and the police investigation was closed 7 years ago, I hope that the public and the media will understand and respect my wish not to make any further public comment on this matter. He finished by thanking well-wishers and saying he misses his beloved listeners.

Read how the events unfolded here.

Comments
Welcome to zdask comments! Please keep conversations courteous and on-topic. To fosterproductive and respectful conversations, you may see comments from our Community Managers.
Sign up to post
Sort by
Show More Comments
Arts & Entertainment
Copyright 2023-2026 - www.zdask.com All Rights Reserved